Hortus Botanicus is an amazing place!
Whilst in Amsterdam I visited the Hortus Botanicus botanical gardens and I set to work with all of the best macro techniques! They even have a butterfly house there which made for some truly beautiful shots.
I haven’t picked up my camera to do a themed series of photographs in so long! The photography section of this blog has been so neglected recently. Botanics are one of my favourite subjects; they are colourful and create brilliant abstract forms. Here’s a series I’ve put together from my Amsterdam trip!
I defintely recommend a trip to your local botanical gardens! Here are a few UK places:
- Bath – Royal Botanical Gardens
- Durham – University Botanic Garden
- Glasgow – Glasgow Botanic Gardens
- London – read this blog post: Top 10 Botanical Gardens in London
- Sheffield – Sheffield Botanical Gardens